Use these video review questions to help you focus on the major ideas. Enjoy the animations!
Microbes: Creators of the Future
- Microbes total weight is more than all ________ and _________combined. Microbes are protozoans, fungi, _______ and ________.
- Where do they live?
- What part of bacterial cells are weakened by penicillin?
- Why do mutations (random genetic _______) affect bacteria so quickly?
- What does the helmet represent on the spherical blue bacterium cartoon?
- How does antibiotic use actually help bacteria become better able to survive in the long run?
- What percentage of microbes can survive in a laboratory setting?
- What is a plasmid?
- What is the significance of the “zone of clearing” around the paper dots soaked with antibiotics?
- From where do we get antibiotic medicines? Explain how they are produced.